Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Off to Florida!

We are packing up and getting ready for our trip to Sarasota, Florida to visit Matt, Trisha & Parker. I have yet to see my little nephew and Talan can't wait to meet his new cousin. Some of our plans include the Tampa Zoo, maybe the Aquarium too, hitting the outlet stores and of course, relaxing on the beach. Although relaxing may not be on the agenda with Talan & Parker in tow.


The weather is becoming more like summer now...already in the 90's and it's time to turn on the A/C. We play outside as much as we can without getting sunburned. From 6pm until 8:30pm, we're out back enjoying the nice spring evenings. I just signed Talan up for swimming lessons and toddler tumbling classes. Neither start until June...I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how all that goes. We finally got new windows on the house and they are so nice. No more energy being wasted out the cracks. We haven't noticed a different yet since we keep the windows open. But I'm sure this summer we should see a difference in our utility bill...at least we hope so.


As for Talan, his word knowledge is booming. He'll try to repeat anything you say. He is learning to vocalize his wants instead of throwing temper tantrums, although the tantrums are still occurring everyday. Time-out is a wonderful tool. My parents are very excited to hear that Talan is capable of things that I did regularly as a toddler! There is no need to go into detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yippee, Talan --- have fun in the sunshine state!! :) or is it the orange state?? HAVE FUN.....