Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Beach!!



We did so much while in Sarasota that I have to break each event down. You can't go to the Florida coast and not visit a beach. We went to Siesta Key Beach...and wow...it was beautiful. It really makes me miss living in Pensacola and having the beach there every day. This was Talan's first trip and he seemed to enjoy every second. As soon as we let him walk in the silky sand, you could see the sparks fly in his eyes...this is awesome!! He splashed & jumped over waves. He found sea shells and watched the birds and would chase anyone down who had an umbrella or a bucket. The water was 77 degrees according to the lifeguard tower and the air was always 80-85. I sat and enjoyed the Florida sun...with lots of sunscreen...and watched my boys play on the beach. He learned some new words too...boat, bird and bicycle/motorcycle.


There also was a city pool right across the street from my brother, so of course we had to check that out too. Especially since the ocean was still too cool to swim in. Talan will definitely be ready for his swim lessons next month! I enjoyed the pool too. It feels so good to swim when you are pregnant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhh - I can smell the yummy coastal air!!! I can't wait to get back to the beach this summer!! :) It looks like you guys had fun --- even if you weren't in ANY of the pictures you posted?!?!?!