The first day of December is a great day around our house. On this day, we celebrate the day that we were given the gift of our first son, Talan. At five years old he's still a curious, active little guy. He is the champion of 20 questions! If you ask him to stop, his reply, "I'm just a talky boy." And talk he does! We have often said that he will be a great lawyer. There are times he tries to smooth talk his way into and out of situations. The last one was convincing us that we needed to go out to eat instead of cook. He proceeded to tell me that I was tired, too tired to cook and I needed a break from cooking. It put a smile on my face! He has a great love and zest for learning about his God and how to be a child of God.
His birthday cake was a surprise. We left for the party with it undecorated and I had him convinced that we just ran out of time and it was going to be plain. While he was busy playing with his friends, I surprised him with a new toy atop his cake...his favorite Monster Jam, Grave Digger.


While at Grandma & Grandpa Love's for one of our Christmas gatherings, I traded chocolate dipped strawberries for photo ops. I call this "the many faces of Talan." Yeah, he's a keeper!
And yes, that's my strawberry Christmas tree in the background. It didn't turn out as perfect as I had liked, but everyone enjoyed the yumminess of chocolate & strawberries. Including this handsome five year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment