Friday, July 29, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere

There is so much to love about New England and one we fell for quickly was the abundant water: lakes, rivers, brooks, the ocean & of course rain! The only difference about Texas lakes and Vermont lakes~wow they're so much colder up North. Talan discovered this but did not let it stop him.

Levi wasn't as sure about the colder temps and preferred to stay on the shoreline and on the dock. He loves his Kelly and stuck to her like glue. They were on the hunt for little baby fish. Look at the belly on that boy!

I could not resist the amazing the backdrop of the mountains covered in lush green forests. And yes friends, I do mean a forest. Which surprisingly was a lot scarier to the kids than I thought. Maybe a little bit too much talk of the wildlife found in the forest? Such as bears & wolves?

We found these nets at a little flea market where we were staying. For a dollar, it was long term entertainment.

That's about as deep as he'd go...and you know....we weren't comfortable with him any deeper anyways. He is 10 feet off shore as it is!

Talan made friends with a little girl at the lake. I'm not sure if he was using her for her floatie but once he made introductions with her he made his intentions clear. He wanted that floatie! And it was a fair trade as she wound up with both of our fishing nets. :)

I found a nice shady spot and tried snapping a few picks of the kids sans shadows. My little man had picked his favorite lady a flower. Such a sweet boy!!


No comments: