Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sparklers, Mud & Rain...

Happy Independence Day!! We had a great one. The rain moved off just in time to enjoy an evening of fun with family & friends. We headed over to Sterling City for a great BBQ and an exciting night of fireworks & sparklers. Since we had nothing but rain the previous 9 days, the kids discovered the joys of playing in the mud without their Mommy freaking out. Levi slipped and got a bit on his face. Of course, I didn't leave it there all night...not me!!! It was too cute to wash. He was laughing at the older kids who were jumping & playing in the mud. And a little jealous that I wouldn't let him hang with the big kids.

Watching the amazement in Talan's eyes is heartwarming. Again, he's learning his world and these sparklers were something not seen...well...since last year. And he remembered them?!!
Levi did NOT like the fire crackers. He literally jumped into Mema's arms when the first boom went off. Then quickly found Daddy's comforting arms and watched the chaos...ahem...FUN!! Daddy enjoyed this snuggly time, like Talan, Levi rarely sits still. I think it being 10:30 at night was a small factor.
Talan did think the fire crackers were a bit over rated. He seemed to love the colors but hated the booms.
So he found grasshoppers to keep him busy. With all the rain, they were swarming everywhere! And those shorts are my absolute favorite. Look closely at Levi, he has a pair too. I sure hope I can find these on clearance somewhere for next year.
Levi cuddled with Daddy throughout the entire show. Hmm, is that mud still on his face...?





No comments: