So really, how messy can flour be? If I stay close and monitor him, he should be fine...right? Emphasis on if I stay close. Although, this was quite messy; it was also lots of fun and I'm sure we'll be doing it again in the near future. It started as a learning project. I saw a great article on using flour to learn how to draw shapes or write letters/numbers. We started simple with straight lines and circles. I should say, I changed my game plan and gave up the hope that he'd write a few simple letters like T or X.
Our learning lesson also included some fine motor skills. I had him scoop the flour into the container with a larger side and a smaller side. This was short lived. "Where is the sizzle?" Teehee, if you've seen the movie Cars, then you get it. In other words, this was too much work.
The playfulness started to kick in and it soon became fun to pile the flour up. So I added the 4 wheeler and we were soon off roading through snow!! Which was made even more fun by a quick call to Grammy who had just received 6 inches of the white stuff in Denver! This is where the if I stay close statement comes into play. See...there is no such thing as a quick call to Grammy. :) So with my attention swaying, the real fun began...

This was minor. It actually occurred just prior to calling Grammy. I went to my car to get my camera and this is what I came back to. I should have known to end the fun here. But why? He's truly having fun and enjoying himself. And it can all be cleaned up. Oh...and he learned real quick not to put his face in the flour again!!! Your lungs don't work with flour in them.
So an hour or so later, the flour that was neatly in the cookie tray, was now not so neatly strewn about the floor. And in Levi's hair!! I guess Talan thought it was funny for it to snow on Levi. And here we are, still making tracks. I think most of the mess on the floor was all Levi. Once Talan started pouring it on the floor, Levi was exploring this new treasure which included pushing it around everywhere. The only reason he's up on his feet was because he saw me with the camera.
Oh Levi!!!??? What are we going to do. So with my mom's recommendation, I vacuumed it up. Another learning lesson of fine motor skills. Using a broom to help sweep the flour to mommy so she can suck it up. Of course, he got a turn sucking it up too. And we had fun cleaning it off the boys. Talan loved how it sucked up his shirt, but Levi wasn't too thrilled with having his hair vacuumed. And now the floor desperately needs to be mopped. It was getting close to desperation; all it needed was one more glass of spilled milk/juice or 2 cups of flour to put it over the edge. hahaha!!!
And like I said, this was wicked fun for the boys. Plus a great learning experience. So this will definitely be on the agenda some time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment