Wednesday, December 30, 2009

150 1/8


We spotted this bad boy on November 23rd on our game camera. A month later and he's finally in our arms! Unfortunately, by the time James found him, he had broken a G1 and most of his kickers. We were already aware of this as we had continued to see him on the camera. He was an elusive buck but finally on a cold, crisp morning...a Sunday morning no less...James finally spots him. So of course, I'm home alone preparing the boys for church and James calls that he finally spotted his monster deer. I think the call was meant to imply that he wanted to skip Sunday Service to hunt for his prize. If it weren't the Sunday prior to Christmas, I would have said "No worries, hun. Stay out as long as you need." But I really wanted to attend that service. With no time to spare, we made it to Church and had a buck on ice in our garage. As quickly as we could put the boys down for a nap, we headed into the garage to score this bad boy...150 1/8. We sure were upset that he broke his G1, but he is still a beautiful deer, who will have a place to call home on our living room wall.

1 comment:

Barker Crew said...

whoa! you guys are amazing...hunting and church in one day!!!! We can't even make it to 9:15 service on time...I'm impressed! :) Hope you guys had a merry christmas...we missed getting to see everyone...
love, k