There is no other way to describe our long summer days...it's HOT!! You could fry an egg on our back porch for dinner. This heat is disgusting but there is no way around it when you live in the desert. We spend our outdoor time from 8am-11am. Any other time, it's already well over 100 degrees.
Oh my...I think it's time for a haircut. Talan enjoyed his tub time without Levi. I'm thinking this was the night that Levi sacked out early.

Odessa has a wonderful splash park that is free!! We have been there a few times and I'm soon going to tackle the swimming pool. I may have to call in reinforcements for that adventure. Talan had so much fun at the splash park that I couldn't snap a picture. Chasing him with a squirmy baby in my arms wasn't an easy task. But I did snap a pic of Levi enjoying a water fountain. Although, he'd rather sit in the shade and watch the older kids play.


Swimming lessons are awesome. I highly recommend swimming for a toddler sport. Until he's big enough to play baseball, this will be his activity. On occasion, the bigger kids head to the diving board and Talan has been allowed to tag along. He does great and the other kids give him lots of encouragement. This is the 1 meter spring board. He is starting to swim on his own as well. He'll jump from James and swim to the wall. Or jump into the pool and swim back to the wall without any help.

Talan's other new achievement is that he's learning to write. Yes, I said write. There is a nice long line on my fridge representing the letter T. Oh, and this has been done with a blue sharpie. Hairspray has not removed it and we've yet to try WD-40. I think there is some buried in our garage underneath all of the hunting stuff. And before you lecture me on leaving a sharpie out...yes...I'm 100% aware that I made a big boo-boo. I'm usually anal about sharpies, pens & scissors but Talan was at school while I used it and then forgot about it being on the counter. But he can write the letter T and is working on other letters. He really likes T since it starts his name.
Oh my...I think it's time for a haircut. Talan enjoyed his tub time without Levi. I'm thinking this was the night that Levi sacked out early.
Odessa has a wonderful splash park that is free!! We have been there a few times and I'm soon going to tackle the swimming pool. I may have to call in reinforcements for that adventure. Talan had so much fun at the splash park that I couldn't snap a picture. Chasing him with a squirmy baby in my arms wasn't an easy task. But I did snap a pic of Levi enjoying a water fountain. Although, he'd rather sit in the shade and watch the older kids play.
Swimming lessons are awesome. I highly recommend swimming for a toddler sport. Until he's big enough to play baseball, this will be his activity. On occasion, the bigger kids head to the diving board and Talan has been allowed to tag along. He does great and the other kids give him lots of encouragement. This is the 1 meter spring board. He is starting to swim on his own as well. He'll jump from James and swim to the wall. Or jump into the pool and swim back to the wall without any help.
Talan's other new achievement is that he's learning to write. Yes, I said write. There is a nice long line on my fridge representing the letter T. Oh, and this has been done with a blue sharpie. Hairspray has not removed it and we've yet to try WD-40. I think there is some buried in our garage underneath all of the hunting stuff. And before you lecture me on leaving a sharpie out...yes...I'm 100% aware that I made a big boo-boo. I'm usually anal about sharpies, pens & scissors but Talan was at school while I used it and then forgot about it being on the counter. But he can write the letter T and is working on other letters. He really likes T since it starts his name.
No comments:
Post a Comment