Friday, March 20, 2009

Video Montage

Enjoy a little bit of how our day goes. Minus all of the tantrums, tears and dirty booties.



James took Talan for a walk on his bike after dinner and they came across some people. So Talan shouts "HI neighbors!! I'm riding my bike. It has a bell." And then he "dings" his little bell and continues on. And he came home with some treasures...a few acorns to feed the "rirrels" (squirrels).

While they were out, Levi enjoyed his supper. Sweet potatoes and Avocado. Mmmm. Apples are the only other thing on his menu at the moment. I'm not sure what to try next...bananas maybe. We totally skipped cereal and went straight to veggies & fruits. He is not "gung-ho" about eating. But he will eat nearly an entire jar. I make most of his food and store it in recycled baby food jars. I sometimes will mix the store baby food with what I make to help keep apples and avocadoes from turning brown. He's so cute though. He is a major thumb sucker...so between each bite...he's pounding away at his thumb. I have to pry it out to get another bite in. At first, it was discouraging. I thought maybe he wasn't ready to eat. But after a while, he caught on and seems to enjoy this special time of day. And he is sleeping through the night!!!

Potty learning is back on for Talan. Sticking around the house for Spring Break has really helped him. He wears trainers during the day, a cloth diaper during nap and a disposable at night. He wakes up from his naps dry, but uses the "I'm wet" excuse to get up out of bed in the morning. And yesterday, we went grocery shopping in his trainer. He pee'd right before we left, but I still brought a dry pair of pants just in case. It was successful!! Hopefully our long trip to Colorado won't set him back again.

Then we have our "genius moments" You know, the ones that make you realize that your babies are growing up. Talan was quietly coloring while I made lunch and he says "Look mommy, I colored a word." I praise his efforts and keep on with lunch. Again, "Look mommy, I colored letter P." So I take a closer look...sure enough!! That kid wrote the letter P. So James sat down with him that night and had him copy some letters. I can't believe it...he's already learning to write. I'll have to take a picture of his artwork, so everyone can see. He can also count to 10. Today was the first time I heard him make it completely to 10 without skipping any numbers. If that makes any sense?

Levi doesn't have a 6 month appt scheduled. Our Dr. is out and then we'll be gone. So we'll get some official stats on Levi at 7 months. Along with icky shots. Talan's size has caught up to his peer group. He is actually bigger than most kids in his class. I'd have to take a guess and say he weighs about 27lbs.

No comments: