Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lots to catch up on!!

Whew!! Lots of great news this post:

We'll start with Levi...he is sitting up. He is fairly lazy about it but I think his fluffy butt makes him topple over. I try to save the bulky dipes for when he's sleeping. He really likes this new view and loves grabbing at all of the toys around him. Sweet Talan is learning to share all of "his" toys.

Levi also just started solid foods on Saturday. As we learned a lot from Talan, I decided to not battle over food and just start with the good stuff....apples, mmmmm. I actually tried adding apples to the oatmeal, but like Talan, he does not like oatmeal. I totally skipped the "add breastmilk to oatmeal" phase. That was ugly with Talan.

And...da da da....Levi is babbling. And like Talan, it's da da da. All through the grocery store this morning....yes, it's only 10am and I've already hit HEB!!...Levi was talking up a storm. And of course, Talan sees all this attention going to Levi when he babbles, that he now is babbling like a baby too. I guess it's all normal. Talan will also lay down and grab his feet like Levi too. They really do adore each other.

Thanks Kaylee, for the cute Elephant. Levi clings to it as he gently lulls himself to sleep. No rocking this baby. He's a loner and wants to rock the cradle.
As for Talan, his big news is that he is officially a big boy!! We pee pee on the potty (sometimes) and we sleep in a big bed!! We converted his crib to a full bed last weekend. Talan took it like a champ. He needed some sort of night light since he does get up out of bed in the middle of the night, so we got him his very own pets. He has 3 guppies and 1 snail. And maybe a shrimp to help clean the tank.
Talan loves school. He comes home singing new songs and wants to play new games. It's great that he can tell me what he did at school each day. They had a Valentine's party and are getting ready for Spring Break next week. Bummer for me...it's like opposite spring break. He seems to enjoy playing with all of the kids. I can tell that he is particularly fond of some more than others.

Stickers that he earned from p-p on the potty. This is where he decided to stick them. At least he quit sticking them to the TV. Speaking of...ours died and we got a new flat screen!! Unfortunately, it came out of our "new fence fund."
Talan also loves to swim. We are back swimming again and he is doing fantabulous!! He will "monkey crawl" down the wall and then drop his head under water and blow bubbles. He has started to kick and paddle more and will jump freely into the water. And he finally has learned to float. It has taken him some time to become comfortable on his back, but now he is a champ. We plan to start Levi in lessons in April or May. Depending on our vacation schedule. Mommy & Levi have a trip planned to Tampa!!!

We enjoyed a day at the Tumbling Gym to celebrate a friend's birthday. Here is a cute pic-clip of Levi figuring out how to sit up...Feb 21st.

OOhhh!


AAooohhhh...


Got it!!


My camera is possessed and keeps making shadows behind everyone. It's driving me crazy.

As for James & I...we're great!! James is busy, busy at work and can't wait to come home to his restless kiddos. I work all day to keep the fairies on task. The laundy fairy, cooking fairy, & cleaning fairy can all get a bit lazy.

1 comment:

Barker Crew said...

do your fairies have friends that might want to move to Lubbock? I need some cooking and cleaning ones, specifically! :) It looks like you guys are doing great --- glad to hear it! :)

Give all your boys hugs!