Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I don't wanna go!!

Talan had his first day of school today!! Oh wow, was I nervous. Talan sort of knew what he was going to do. He stays at the nursery during church and loves playing with kids...so we told him "at school, you play with kids." We failed to mention that you would also eat and nap there too! Actually we tried to explain it to him. How do you explain that to a 2 year old who lives "in the present"? We entered his classroom and he took off to the toys (to the cars, of course!) and never looked back. No tears, just "bye mama." Upon picking him up, I found that he had a wonderful day! He even ate his lunch and took a nap too! My two biggest worries for the poor teachers who were stuck with my Talan. The only time he cried was when it was time to go home. I drug him out of there kicking and screaming. Again, how do you explain that he can come back on Thursday? Sooo, school turned out to be the right thing.

Talan absolutely loves his little brother.



Talan rarely, rarely smiles for the camera. But when he does...what a cutie!!! I took off with it and snapped as many as I could.




"Look mommy!! There is my name." Actually it came out..."my name on race car bag!" What a big sentence for a little boy getting ready for his first day at school. I tried getting pics of him wearing his back pack, but he just wanted his lunch box. And wouldn't look at me either.



Talan has also started swim lessons again. He is apprehensive, but will be diving to the bottom again in no time. He was just soooo happy to have daddy all to himself. And Levi is great too. Always so much news for Talan, don't worry, Levi gets lots and lots of attention too. If I say it, it'll jinx it, but he's sleeping through the night!! 7:30pm until 7am!! How wonderful...









No comments: