Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


What a wonderful Mother's Day. James got up early with Talan and let me sleep in. We had big lunch plans with James' Family on the Gaines side. Everyone was surprised to see how big both Talan and I were. The baby is sitting very low and it shocks a lot of on-lookers. After lunch we all enjoyed a long 3 hour nap! Talan must be growing because he loves his naps...and so do I!! I get a lot done around the house and get to nap myself. I can't complain...unless he doesn't get a nap...then he is completely lost. We had big dinner plans too. This time it was the Love side. Grandpa & Grandma Love hosted us a big steak dinner. Of course Talan refused to eat and was a little bit of a monster. But once he laid his big blue eyes on Grandpa's "tractor," he was all better. James took him for a spin and even let him drive. Talan did not want to ride with Grandpa...only his daddy.
A lost picture from our Florida trip. It was a looong trip home. The trip there wasn't bad. It was broken down into 3 different flights...to Dallas, then Houston and finally Tampa. But on the way home, we thought it would be better to go to Albuquerque then Midland. But the flight from Tampa to Alb. was 4 hours!! Doesn't seem all that long unless you have a rambunctious toddler who refuses to eat or nap. We had to tag-team Talan to keep him semi-happy on the plane. I almost wanted to let him run up and down the aisles just to get him to stop crying. Poor kid was bored out of his mind. And all he would eat were Oreos that the stewardess handed out. Never...I mean never...give a 1 year old oreos on a plane without a bib! Black everywhere...and not to mention it comes back black too. I swear Talan is not eating oreos until he is potty trained! Our flight home from Alb was delayed and now it is 9pm Alb time, which really is 11pm Tampa time and Talan would not go to sleep. Finally...peace! All it took was to cover Talan's eyes because the lights were so bright. This literally lasted 10 minutes. Some nasty guy was coughing up a gut and kept waking him up. We made sure not to sit by him on the plane...as did everyone else. But thankfully, we all slept on the plane for our 45 minute ride home.
And another goofy picture I snapped. This has happened twice now. Talan crashed after his lunch and was propped up so nicely on his booster seat. Last time, Talan was 8 months old. I'm telling you, this boy wants his nap.

No comments: