Grammy & Grampy came for a surprise visit on Memorial Day weekend. (Thanks Dad, for 21 hard years of service in the Navy.) Talan ended up with a new bike that he loves and rides everyday. Grampy had to take him & Chloe for walks every morning...and still in his pajamas. Such a good boy; he would stay on the sidewalk the entire way and then bring me back flowers that he had found. Talan loved having company over; he would wake up and start asking for "nanny," "rampa," & "loe"...and then for his BIKE.
A few 18 month updates...Talan has now officially entered into the very, very early stages of potty training. He has always been totally okay with sitting in his poop until it burned his butt. But, for the last few days, he has been coming to me and telling me he "pooped" along with signing poop. I'm just glad he finally cares that his butt stinks! Pee, I don't think he has a clue and neither do I.
As for talking, he is a complete chatterbox. He wants to know what everything is called and then tries to repeat it to you. A few times I have seen him put 2 words together...such as "more grass" which means mow the grass. Yes, he signs "more" for mower. He also has too many signs to count. Many of his signs he can speak the word as well. But it definitely helps to understand him. I love signing to him and try to teach him 5 or 6 new signs a week. He is learning his body parts. So funny, I showed him is elbow and he tries to twist his arm around to see it. And he still sleeps like a champ...all night and 2-3 hour naps...awesome!!
No comments:
Post a Comment